Crunch! Crunch! Crunch! We all particularly like the sound of chips getting crushed in our mouths. And so do dogs. Dogs love munching on chips as much as we do. So, this brings us to the question can our canine friends enjoy chips as much as we do?
Table of Contents
Can Dogs Eat Barbeque Chips?
No, it would be best if you did not feed barbecue chips to dogs. If your dog has consumed 2-3 pieces of chips, there won’t be an issue. However, barbecue chips serve no nutritional value to your dog and are loaded with processed ingredients that could harm your dog.
If your pet has accidentally consumed barbecue chips or someone fed your dog barbeque chips, you should consider the following things:
What Do Barbeque Chips Contain?
Barbecue chips are made of wheat, soy sauce, flour, and other processed ingredients. Chips are also made of potatoes and loaded with high salt and sugar. Another harmful ingredient in barbeque chips is monosodium glutamate, which is carcinogenic. You must be aware that sodium is hazardous to dogs. In addition, barbecue chips are unhealthy for your dog because they are heavy for digestion.
Are Barbeque Chips Safe For Dogs?
Barbecue chips typically contain grains, legumes, and other processed components that are unsuitable for dogs. Moreover, certain flavors like hot dog barbecue chips have pork which is also problematic for dogs. If you are a pet owner, remember that barbecue chips are an unnecessary treat. Remember that before feeding them anything, go through the ingredient list carefully.
Can Barbeque Chips Kill Your Dog?
Even though barbecue chips are not inherently fatal to dogs, they could cause significant discomfort to your pet. A dog can consume 10 to 15 pieces of chips before experiencing extreme symptoms.
Can Dog Eat Barbeque Potato Chips?
Barbeque potato chips contain harmful ingredients like fat, sugar, salt, and monosodium glutamate. These ingredients promote weight gain, are carcinogenic in nature, and are incredibly hazardous for dogs.
It is to be noted that dogs don’t have the same digestive system as we do. For example, they do not digest salt and sugar as well as humans do. Therefore it is advised to keep dogs away from any snacks their pet parents consume.
What Happens If My Dog Ate Too Many Chips?
Here are the side effects of eating chips:
- Malnutrition: There is a high amount of sugar in barbecue chips. If consumed in a high quantity or regularly, it could imbalance the dog’s digestive system. Their system will be unable to consume calories, which could lead to malnutrition and, in the long run, prove fatal.
- Digestive issues: Dogs can face major digestive problems like bloating and gas after consuming barbeque chips. In cases where dogs consume barbecue chips regularly or in high quantity, it could lead to intestinal blockages, which could be hazardous for your dog.
- Cancer and the immune system: Your dog’s health could severely deteriorate if you feed them barbecue chips regularly. Many vets have reported that dogs which eat barbecue chips periodically are more prone to cancer and a weak immune system.
- Allergies: Many dogs are allergic to wheat and gluten. Therefore, feeding them barbecue chips could be very uncomfortable for your dog. If you know your dog has gluten or grain-related allergies, keep them away from barbecue chips.
What Does Barbeque Contain That Is Harmful To Dogs?
Barbecue chips or any kind of chips on the market shells have an unavoidable element called monosodium glutamate. Monosodium glutamate is often linked to cancer. In addition, it can cause severe health issues in dogs.
What Symptoms Will, Your Dog, Have If They Consume Barbeque Chips?
Your dog could show symptoms like stomach ache, diarrhea, vomiting, dehydration, and flatulence. As we said, barbecue chips are not inherently toxic or deadly. However, they can still cause severe discomfort in your canine friend and also cause severe health issues if consumed regularly.
What Should You Do If Your Dog Consumes Barbeque Chips?
First of all, do not panic if your dog eats barbecue chips. Secondly, observe your dog for 24 hours for any of the symptoms mentioned above. If your dog shows any of the above-mentioned symptoms, take them to your vet for treatment. Finally, ensure that all the snacks you eat are away from your dog’s reach.
Most human foods don’t suit dogs. Barbecue-style chips are one of those foods. Due to their low nutritional value, barbecue chips add nothing to your dog’s health. The risks of feeding barbecue chips to dogs are harmful.
Keep in mind the following before throwing that chip at your dog:
- First, it has a high amount of sodium which is very harmful to dogs.
- Barbecue chips contain monosodium glutamate, which is carcinogenic in nature.
- Finally, these chips have a high amount of sugar which is unnecessary and unhealthy for dogs.
FAQS: Can Dogs eat Barbeque Chips
Can Dogs Eat Barbeque Chips?
You should keep barbecue chips away from your dog primarily because they are loaded with salt, sugar, and monosodium glutamate. All these ingredients can cause severe discomfort to your dog.
What Kind Of Chips Can Dogs Eat?
You should not feed any kind of chips to your dog because they are loaded with sugar and salt. Both these ingredients are very harmful in nature to your dog. So, if you want your dog to be healthy, keep them away from human snacks.
Can Dogs Eat Barbecue Pringles?
Like any other chips, barbecue Pringles have a high amount of salt and fat. Therefore you should keep your dog away from barbecue pringles. But, on the bright side, your dog can play with the empty can of pringles.
My Dog Ate My Chips; What Should I Do?
You can take your dog to a vet if they have symptoms like diarrhea, dehydration, and vomiting after consuming chips. Even though barbecue chips or any other kind of chips are not fatal in nature, they could cause severe discomfort to your dog.